Do you know why WordPress Is Best For Freelancers? WordPress is one of the best website builders with great features. However, there is a misconception that WordPress is just a simple blogging platform when the actual fact is that WordPress is so much more than that. WordPress actually started as a blogging platform, but it has advanced into a powerful and reliable website builder and a robust content management system (CMS).
Aside from the fact that WordPress is the most famous website builder on the internet and powers 43% of all websites, WordPress is also one of the easiest and most flexible platforms for freelancers who want to get started with building a website. If you’re a beginner without knowledge about WordPress, you can learn everything about it and build a website on your own in no time.
Reasons Why WordPress Is Best For Freelancers
- WordPress is best for freelancers because WordPress is absolutely free to get started for beginners. The software itself is free, which is perfect, but then it can only cost you if you need to:
- Updates premium plugins and themes
- Premium support
- WordPress is best for freelancers because of its simplicity and popularity. WordPress supports over 60 million websites and is used by large and popular companies such as CNN, TechCrunch, the NFL, and TED, leading wide target of clients worldwide since everyone has heard of the platform.
- WordPress requires little to no experience to get started. WordPress is best for freelancers who are beginners because the software is very easy to use. You can customize your website using WordPress as you wish, even if you do not have prior experience in web design or coding. You can get everything set up in no time with just a few clicks, and you’re good to go.
- WordPress is easy to navigate. Once you reach the dashboard menu, navigate to the “posts” section, and from there, you will be able to find everything that you need to write and publish a new blog post. As you go through the process, you will realize how easy and straightforward the software is, making it convenient for you as you go along your WordPress freelancing journey.
- Another reason why WordPress is best for freelancers is that WordPress has always been a place for sharing knowledge. WordPress helps encourage freelancers through its tutorials, plugins, and endless advice forums that focus solely on WordPress.
- If you have a paid WordPress plan, you will have access to live chat support 24 hours a day, every Monday to Friday. For those who have ecommerce or business plans, they can reach live chat agents during the weekends.
- Another reason why WordPress is best for freelancers is that WordPress offers built-in tools to let you know how SEO-friendly your content is.
- WordPress is a safe and secure platform because of its amazing features like password protection for folder contents. However, this feature does not promise invulnerability from malicious attacks, hackers, and malware on your website. Also, you may want to keep your WordPress software updated to keep off bugs and potential security threats.
- More importantly, WordPress is very affordable. You can even use the software for free if you’re opting for a basic and personal website, but if you want more than that, you will have to upgrade to a paid plan.
- WordPress supports more than 160 languages worldwide. This feature will help you reach your target global audience. Also, did you know that 71% of all blogs are written in English? With this being said, it is worth noting that English is WordPress’s most widely and popular language. Because WordPress supports more than 160 languages, it makes things easier for you as a freelancer.
In What Aspect is WordPress Free?
WordPress can be downloaded for free, and you’re welcome to use or amend it as you wish. WordPress is published under GPL, also known as GNU General Public License, meaning you are not only allowed to download it for free, but you’re welcome to edit, customize, and use it for free.
WordPress with GPL offers features such as:
- With the license, you can use WordPress in whatever way you like without any restrictions
- With the license, you can edit, customize, add, or remove anything without any restrictions
- Core software
WordPress is free and will always be free because any company does not own it. Instead, WordPress is owned by a non-profit WordPress Foundation.
How Long Does It Take To Become A WordPress Developer?
Becoming a full-on WordPress Developer takes weeks or months of practice. However, you can learn and create a WordPress website in just a week. On your freelancing journey, the consistent practice of creating different types of websites can help you in the long run.
If you’re still starting with WordPress as a freelancer, it is important to learn the basics first. Learning how to build websites using WordPress actually depends – make sure to understand the basics of hosting, WordPress hardening, PHP versions, and responsiveness. Do not rely on themes unless you have to – for functions that you can’t code.
WordPress can allow you to present your potential clients more than what your skill set can give you as a freelancer. It doesn’t matter whether you do not have any WordPress experience or if you are an expert developer. Therefore, given its convenience and popularity, we can all agree that WordPress is the best freelancer platform.